If you think that you do not need a chimney inspection because things look good on the outside, think again. Many potential dangers lurk underneath the surface and they’re risky to the well-being of your home and your family. It is imperative that you schedule a professional chimney sweep Maryland every year to minimize risks of fire and damage to your home. Read below to learn five more important reasons to schedule a chimney inspection.
1. Did you know that cracks in the flue can cause the house to catch on fire? The flue is the liner that carries heat, fumes, and smoke from the fireplace to the outside. If cracks are on the surface, it may cause these things to come back into the home rather than go outside as they should.
2. Do you want bird nests, bees, and other pests in your home? Do you want to know that a family of bunnies has made your chimney their home? Of course not, but these are realistic possibilities if the chimney is not clean. They’ll come for the creosote and the privacy.
3. Reduced risk of a house fire is reason enough to pick up the phone and call a professional. There are far too many injuries and deaths from house fires each year to take this risk.
4. Leaks in the chimney can ruin the structure of your home and damage your property. Plus, it will deteriorate your flu quicker so it requires replacement before due time.
5. When was the last time your chimney was inspected? If it has been some time, pick up that phone and schedule service. It is dangerous to leave your chimney to be, especially if it has been used regularly. You simply don’t know what’s going on underneath the surface!